A Statement by Pablo Bachelet

The following was published in September 2009 on PNB-controversies blog which I have taken down, moving the important content therein to this blog. The following is an exchange is between me and Alan Kazlev of Kheper.net and a statement by Thea's son.

Alan, on the Patrizia Norelli-Bachelet page of your website you have written,  'According to heresay on auroconf, her son apparently wants nothing to do with his mother's eccentricities.' The attached statement from Pablo indicates just the contrary.

After writing the above, you wrote, 'I don't know the full story so I can't comment.' But the thing is Alan, you comment left and right about things you are ignorant (i.e. wherein the FULL story eludes you) and you are very much responsible for all of the 'nonsense' that you publish about Patrizia. You are very much responsible for publishing the above 'heresay' about her son which supports your own negations of her, her work and her achievements. If I remember correctly, at first you did not even qualify the above lie about her son as heresay. I believe it was because I challenged you to provide evidence for your statement that you padded this lie by adding 'According to heresay on auroconf'. You owe Patrizia and Pablo and everyone involved an apology for spreading such a monumental lie.’ [Alan's apology is posted on his website.]

A STATEMENT 
"I understand there has been a campaign underway for a long time to discredit my mother and her work. I also understand that my relationship with her is being used as part of that campaign. 
My relationship with my mother is obviously a private matter. However, I'd like to be clear that I am proud of what matters most: my mother's dedication to her work and to India, even though this has kept her far from her family and from me. She can rightfully be proud of her achievements, just as I am. Few individuals have displayed such a determined pursuit to understand the spirituality that underpins India. She has ceaselessly pursued the well-being of a country that was initially not her own. She has deep insights into the complexities of Indian society and beliefs. She has taken on corrupt practices at considerable cost to herself. 
I very much admire my mother's love of learning and her ability to go deep into the human spirit. I absolutely believe that these acts and achievements will overcome much of the nonsense that is said about her." 
Pablo Bachelet
Washington, D.C.
21.9.2009

Comments