[Addendum to Waving the Flag of Cosmic Ignorance in the Face of Sri Aurobindo and the Vedic Tradition of Avatars]
2. That Vishnu affirms on high by his mightiness and he is like a terrible lion that ranges in the difficult places, yea, his lair is on the mountain-tops, he in whose three wide movements all the worlds find their dwelling-place.
3. Let our strength and our thought go forward to Vishnu the all-pervading, the wide-moving Bull whose dwelling-place is on the mountain, he who being One has measured all this long and far-extending seat of our self-accomplishing by only three of his strides.
4. He whose three steps are full of the honey-wine and they perish not but have ecstasy by the self-harmony of their nature; yea, he being One holds the triple principle and earth and heaven also, even all the worlds.
5. May I attain to and enjoy that goal of his movement, the Delight, where souls that seek the godhead have the rapture; for there in that highest step of the wide-moving Vishnu is that Friend of men who is the fount of the sweetness.
6. Those are the dwelling-places of ye twain which we desire as the goal of our journey where the many-horned herds of Light go travelling; the highest step of wide-moving Vishnu shines down on us here in its manifold vastness.
– Rig Veda 1.154, translated by Sri Aurobindo, The Secret of the Veda, p. 343 [bold added].
Note: Thea discusses in Secrets of the Earth and elsewhere in her books and writings that the backward order of the ‘fixed’ or ‘preservation’ signs of the zodiac as found in R.V. 1.154 reveals that the Trivikrama or the Three Steps by which Vishnu the Preserver ‘measures the universe,’ are steps that follow the backward movement of the Precession of the Equinoxes through the zodiac – through the astrological ages, starting from Scorpio whose symbol of the Eagle is one and the same as Vishnu’s vahana.
S U B S C R I B E ( v i a R S S ) and / or
S H A R E IT using A N Y of the I C O N S below